Email is growing as the most effective yet least expensive form of marketing. ExactTarget, an email platform, reports that 77% of consumers prefer to receive permission-based marketing communications through email.
The key is to understand the etiquette and how to use email platforms such as MailChimp or Constant Contact to your advantage.
We’ve found that companies offering a high-end product or service stand to get the most out of email newsletters and other forms of outreach. Canopy Partners, a healthcare management services organization, regularly exceeds a 40% open rate and 8.55 click through rate. Here’s why.
The four common threads include:
- Consistency – Get the email out about the same time (best practices says before 11 am on a weekday) each week/month/quarter, depending on what you’ve determined your audience will appreciate
- Value – Provide interesting, not salsey, thought leadership each time and people will keep opening. Use a meaningful subject line. 69% of email recipients report email as Spam based solely on the subject line (Jay Baer).
- Appearance – Ensure the templates are branded and the photos sized properly and that your images are not too big. Make it easy on the eye for desktop and mobile users.
- Personalize – Set up your email to come from someone the recipient knows, not info or company name. 43% of email recipients click the Spam button based on the email “from” name or email address (Jay Baer). Ensure the recipient is someone you know or that would reasonably know of your company.
Email platforms can be used to send single emails or automated group emails. Use them to set up registration and marketing for your next event too. It’s also a great way to manage your email database and track the reactions people have to your emails.
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. (Convinceandconvert.com)
- 33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone. (Convinceandconvert.com)
- Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58%. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- For B2B companies, subject lines that contained “money,” “revenue,” and “profit” performed the best. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line. (Chadwick Martin Bailey)
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email. (Earnest Agency)
- Monday emails had the highest revenue per email. (Experian 2012 Q4 Email Benchmark Report)
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate. (GetResponse)
- Women click 10% more often than men on mobile emails. (Tailored Mail 2012 Email Marketing Trends)
- 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated by email marketing as high quality. (Software Advice Survey)
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment. (Experian)
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies. (Litmus)
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices. (TopRankBlog)
We help clients with establishing email platforms and templates that work for them. Contact us at www.west65inc.com